This event is in the past.
For our August meeting, we're bringing our annual club picnic back up to North Park. As usual, this will be a potluck style event. Members are encouraged (but certainly not required) to bring a pot-luck style dish or something they would like to grill during the event. We'll be featuring a few different friendly competitions for the best dish, best grilled item...and of course, the famous TRASHy award for the best beer.
This year, the event is being held in the Ontario Pavillion on Lake Shore Dr. If you're coming from the north, you can access Lake Shore Dr from the Pierce Mill road entrance. If you're approaching from the south, you can access Lake Shore Dr from the Kummer Rd entrance (near Ingomar). Detailed maps are available on the park's web site.
Our pavilion is located across the street from a playground and a small parking lot, so this event should be an even more family friendly event than it has been in the past. It should also be fairly easy to park nearby.
The Club Will Provide
- Ice and sample glasses (consider bringing your own tub)
- Plates, napkins, and plasticware (bring your own serving utensils)
- Charcoal and lighter fluid
- Voting for beer and food will take place at 2:30pm.
- North Park closes at dusk; there will be no overnight camping.
- The pavilion offers electricity for electric cookware, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact the club officers.