This event is in the past.
For our January 2017 meeting, TRASH will convene at Apis Wine & Meadery in Carnegie. We last met there in January 2015 as Jack, Andy, Malcolm, and Brian began their terms as club officers. This time around, it will be the first meeting run by the club's new president and treasurer. Come out and show them your support!
Apis' founder and head mead maker, Dave Cerminara, is a long time friend of the club and former brewer at Penn Brewery. Apis has been providing Pgh with great mead for a few years now and has become a staple on the local craft beer scene. Come treat yourself to a sampler flight or a glass or two of mead; you won't regret it.
We will be holding one of our quarterly mini competitions at this meeting. The styles will be mead and cider. If we get at least three of each we'll separate them into two competitions, otherwise they'll be combined. The entries will be judged by all in attendance who will vote on their favorirte. Winner gets bragging rights plus a swell prize donated by the club.
- As always, please bring homebrew to share and get feedback from fellow homebrewers - many of whom are certified BJCP judges. Bring bottles, growlers, kegs, whatever works for you.
- If you make mead, this is your chance to share it and get feedback from others who know a thing or two about honey wine. Bring your mead if you got it!
- Mead comes in 750ml wine bottles - big enough to share with a few friends. Please plan to purchase a bottle or two to take home to enjoy with friends & family. It's delicious stuff and you'll be supporting a local small business run by a long-time friend of TRASH.
- There are options for you to grab lunch or dinner before or after the meeting within walking distance of Apis. Make an afternoon of it!
- Please RSVP to let us know you're coming.